Menu text, no JavaScript Log in  Deze pagina in het NederlandsDiese Seite auf DeutschThis page in EnglishCette page en FrançaisEsta página em Portuguêstopback
back Index

Resistance Memorial. Center wall with Our Lady of the Good Dive

. [1]
The chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of the Good Dive. On the middle wall there is a picture of this symbol of the people in hiding in Limburg, also known as divers. It was invented by Lodewijk Bleys [2] from Roermond. Next to it the later added names of fallen resistance fighters. A poster was made of this symbolic figure, which many people in hiding (dutch: onderduikers) [3], including non-Catholics, hung above their beds.
Source of the picture: wikimedia [5]

  1. The names on the walls of the memorial
  2. Lodewijk Bleys
  3. onderduikers
  4. Limburgsch dagblad 01-09-1956
  5. wikimedia Category:Provinciaal verzetsmonument Limburg


Album : Resistance

zoom 100%